Mr Vito Ippolito (Venezuela) was elected FIM President during the General Assembly at the FIM Congress in Salvador, Brazil, on 16 October 2006. He was re-elected during the General Assembly at the FIM Congress in Macau on 19 October 2010 for a second four-year mandate. Vito Ippolito is Venezuelan; born on 3 February 1952 Master degree in Philosophy. Languages: Spanish, Italian, English, French
- President of the FMV (Venezuelan Federation) since 1992.
- Member of the FIM Road Racing Commission from 1984 until 1990.
- FIM Vice-President from 1990 to 1996.
- FIM Deputy President since 1997.
- President of the ULM (Union Latino-Americana de Motociclismo) from 1984 until 1998.
- Manager of the team Venemotos whose rider Carlos Lavado became 250 Grand Prix World Champion in 1983 and 1986.
- FIM President since 2006.