From Inspiration to Empowerment: Fostering diversity and environmental stewardship in motorcycling
Moderator: Gavin Emmet
- Ana Muñoz Merino: Former General Director of Sport at the Superior Council of Sport, Spain. Anti doping and Fair Play expert.
- Janet Macharia (Head of Gender and Social Safeguards Unit, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP))
- Nita Korhonen (FIM CFM Director)
- Kattia Juárez Hernández FIM CIE (International Environment Commission)Director
- Inés María Fonseca (Director: Comisión Femenina Real Federaión Motociclista Española)
In a generation as special as the one we have before us - highly connected (web, apps, social media etc.) and focused on consumerism and self-sufficiency - inspiration and empowerment are key to changing mentalities and create more environmentally and socially responsible events.
Women and sustainability are of enormous relevance to sport today and in particular to motorsports.
Motorcycling sport has a huge potential for development if it increases the participation of women in sport as well as in all the adjacent sectors and activities (administration, volunteering, leading positions etc.). Empowerment, mentoring and sharing experience are crucial to inspiring the motorcycling community to foster diversity.
Empowerment and inspiration were also key with regards to sustainability as they contributed to steering the FIM Ride Green programme, which has already made an impression with the implementation of important initiatives such as the FIM Environmental Ambassadors, the FIM KiSS programme and the FIM Environmental Award, among others.
This plenary session, which will focus on those two overarching themes, will give the sport another dimension and help us create blueprints that will enable all of us to unleash our creativity and find new solutions to tackle specific problems. You will have the unique opportunity to listen to and share with high-level panellists who are experts on these topics and who will bring to the table different perspectives, geographical, cultural and professional.